Tuesday, October 12, 2010

http://fastfridayquilts.blogspot.comSuzanne's Sunset








FFFC 49

Suzanne's Sunset

Was inspired by a photo I took with the sun setting on the beach. ( Panama Beach Florida) While I was working on the quilt my cousin Susie passed away suddenly. This quilt is for her:)
To create my quilt - I started with black cotton fabric, batting and backing with same fabric. Thread play helped create the sunset. I love dropping the feed dogs and creating free motion. I am very much a free spirit! I had this beautiful yarn from Cambodia in my stash which I just new some day it would be the sun. I free motioned this yarn to make the burst of sun. Paintsticks, fabric paints were used for the contrast on the water. I than finished the quilting by hand.

Thank you so my for asking me to join this awesome creative group. I love reviewing and admiring everyone's work. What a great experience learning about chiaroscuro:)

Susan Ward
Quilting & Knitting In KentuckyImagination - The art of Creating - What a wonderful thing:)http://artquiltssusanpi.blogspot.com/












1 comment:

Margaret said...

Susan, a powerful piece! I love the way you used the yarn in the sunset. It's a lovely tribute to your cousin.