Friday, January 20, 2012

Genetics and Breast Cancer

The first time I was diagnosed with breast cancer - Elizabeth Edwards was also traveling her own journey - She showed me what strength and positive energy really is - I admired her so much. I designed a small art quilt called "Weep No more" .

I am currently traveling a new life path with breast cancer - I am very fortunate to have a great support system which is lead by my wonderful husband Peter. My friends and relatives are incredible I am very lucky:) The medical field has advance by miles in the last four and half years, amazing tests and treatments have been discovered. Currently a pathology test is in a lab, where they are finding the DNA/Genetic make up of the tissue from this invasive tumor. The results will be " the exact treatment that will prevents this cancer from invading my body in the future" AMAZING!
My new quilt is called "Genetics". The back ground is beautiful piece of dyed leather. Specially wound yarns and bits of this and that intertwined in the yarn make up the path of the genes, the loose gold threads are pulled from a silk fabric, this makes the tumor. This quilt is still in process. I will posted the finished quilt at a later date. I feel the need to share this now:) xoxo


No comments: